It is quite difficult to remember passwords, codes or numbers for most of us. It is a human tendency to remember names for longer time as compared to numbers. As far as Windows 10 passwords are concerned, most of us try our best to keep them as complex as possible to be on a safer side. However, it sometimes leads to forgetting of password.
You might have come across a situation when you think you remember the Windows 10 machine password but as soon as you enter it, it says ‘The password is incorrect. Try again’. This is actually a most common problem for most of us when we try our best to enter all possible combinations of names and letters which we remember but unfortunately the fact is we have forgotten the windows 10 password. Hopefully, there are work arounds to reset forgotten password in Windows 10. Yes ! You read it right. If you have forgotten Windows 10 password then you still can recover your Windows live account or a local account.
I am going to list down top two ways by which you can reset your forgotten Windows 10 administrator password easily.
- Recommended: How To Secure Saved Passwords In Google Chrome ?
Reset Forgotten Windows 10 Password with Reset Disk [Method 1]
Windows 10 provides you with a password reset feature. Most of the people are not aware about this feature. You must have to create a reset disk on your device and save it for further use. If you forgot your Windows 10 password, you can easily reset it using this method. To use this method you have to follow few steps as given below.
- First of all you have to access your Windows 10 login screen.
- Now try a wrong password once or twice, after that it will pop up you a reset password option.
- After that insert a USB flash drive password reset disk to your PC and access it on your PC.
- Follow the steps of this Password reset wizard to reset and create a new password for your Windows 10 PC.
Create a New User to Save Account Files [Method 2]
This is another working method which allows you to get password of your Windows 10. For this you have to follow the following mentioned simple steps.
- First of all start your windows 10 and change the boot order into your BIOS.
- Now press Shift+F10. It will show you a command prompt.
- Using this command prompt you can replace the Utility Manager with following commands:
move d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bakcopy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
- After completion of this process, Use “wpeutil reboot” command to restart your machine.
- After your machine is rebooted successfully and login screen is opened, just click on the Utility Manager. It will show you the command prompt.
- Now type the following commands to assign a new account.net user <username> /addnet localgroup administrators <username> /add
- It will create a new user on your windows 10 PC. Now close the command prompt and reboot your machine it will show you a new user in the login screen.
- Click on new user account to go to the fresh desktop. Now right click on the start menu and select Computer Management option.
- Now go to the Local user and group option and search here for the account. Right click on the affected account and choose set password option.
- Now fill your new password and and confirm password to reset windows 10 password.
- You have now successfully reset the forgotten password.