There are few websites which still require internet explorer to get opened, this is completely fine but the problem arises when you start using mac. Internet explorer is a default web browser for all windows based PC and is not available on macbook or iMac, but there is nothing to worry about as there is a work around for this problem. Today, I am going to share the trick to use internet explorer on Mac.
Almost, all major websites have cross browsers compatibility and are also mac compatible but still there are few company intranet web applications and government websites which require internet explorer, so below is a tutorial to use internet explorer on Mac OS and macbook pro.
How To Use Internet Explorer on Mac
There are multiple ways to use internet explorer on Mac, so I am going to list down each one of them and you can use any one of them according to your convenience.
Methods To Run Internet Explorer on Mac
With Remote Desktop (RDP) : Method 1
RDP is one of the best and reliable way to run internet explorer on mac. The process is very easy, you just have to access a windows machine kept anywhere with any RDP client app. It might cost you some money as you need to have a windows RDP server which you can access from your Mac and use internet explorer from there.
Steps To Acess RDP from your Mac to run Internet explorer:
- Firstly you need to get the PC name for using RDP.
- You must have a RDP software in your MAC device. Recommended one is Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Open RDP client, fill the PC name, User Name, Password for the target PC so you can log in through the remote connection.
- Now If you want to configure peripheral devices for your remote desktop, you can easily find options for that under Session.
- Now the last tap on the tab is Redirection. Click the “+” button, choose a name for the folder, and input the folder’s path to have it available.
- After finishing configuring your remote desktop, click on the red close button and now your new remote desktop will be added.
- Now you can start a session by simple double-click on RDP with that desktop.
- Now you will see the windows login screen, you can simply login and start using internet explorer.
With Virtual Machines: Method 2
VMware Fusion is a popular virtualization tool by which you can install windows OS on your mac and start using internet explorer on mac. VMware Fusion is a paid tool and if you wish to have a free alternative then you can go for Oracle Virtual box .After the download, simply install Virtual Box on your MAC. Steps for this method is as below:
- The first step to download internet explorer for MAC is running Windows 10/8/7 as a virtual machine on your Macintosh.
- Download a copy of windows from Micosoft and install it on your MAC so that you can access it from the Virtual Box installer.
- After that you have to allocate memory size for windows installer. After install windows on your MAC it works like a separate computer from the rest of your MAC.
- It is recommendation of a 32GB virtual disk for Windows.
- Now you have created Virtual machine on your MAC device.You need to do now is install Windows 10 on it. You can easily see the details of the Virtual Box.
- Once you install the windows 10 on your virtual box on MAC device you can easily use Microsoft internet explorer on mac.
With Wine: Method 3
Wine is a windows compatibility layer which allows you to install windows compatible apps easily on Mac which also includes internet explorer. You can download wine from here. It is suggested to install wine bottler along with Wine to easily run windows based programs including internet explorer on mac. Wine bottler will add a cool graphical interface by using a wine compatibility layer and will improve your user experience and the cool thing is , it is absolutely free.