Windows 10 has been recently released and is said to be the best windows ever. People are curious to install this advanced and coolest windows ever and even I have installed windows 10 in its first week of release and I am enjoying it but still there are many people who are facing difficulties in windows 10. Windows is the most popular OS, used my millions of people around the world due to its flexibility and easy to use interface. However on the other hand, windows operating systems are also prone to bugs, viruses. Windows can run buttery smooth on one computer and can generate lots of errors on the other one due to some environment or hardware compatibility issues.
If you are already using windows 10, but not able to update windows due to error code 0x80072ee2 . This error comes when the update files are not allowing the windows 10 system to install new updates. There can be many causes for windows update error and we have mentioned the possible things which cause 0x80072EE2 error to occur.
Causes Of Windows Update Error 0x80072ee2
Windows update errors can occur if one or more of the following conditions occur:
- Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) on your modem/router is very low/high.
- If you are using proxy connection, then they are interfering with windows update servers.
- A 3rd party antivirus or firewall on your computer or in your local network is not allowing your connection to get updates from the Windows server.
- You are using Norton Internet Security which is blocking access for windows update service.
- Internet enhancement programs have added entries to the HOSTS file without your concern.You might not know that windows update servers are not mapped to any specific IP address because the IP addresses can be changed at any time.
If any one of the condition is occurring in your computer then you might not be able to update windows and may get ox80072EE2 or 0x80d02002 errors.
How To Resolve Windows build 10074 error 0x80d02002 ?
If you are getting error code 0x80d02002 while upgrading to Windows 10 TP Build 10074 then there are chances that you are facing issue due to third party software comflicts or some malware might have corrupted your windows update components. Microsoft suggests the following two methods that you can try to test whether it helps.
You can try these steps to reset the Windows update components manually by yourself.
- Open CMD (Command prompt) and run it as administrator.
- Now copy the commands mentioned below and paste it in the CMD all at once.net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Now after executing it, close the command prompt.
Now you can go back to windows update option and check whether the error is fixed, and if not then you can try the other method mentioned below.
Build 10074 error 0x80d02002 might also occur if your region mentioned in the Windows is incorrect. I have mentioned the steps to check whether the region updated in your computer is correct or not. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Type Region on the start screen.
- Click Settings and press Enter.
- You will see a “Format” tab, there you need to select “English (United Kingdom)“.
- Now click “Languages Preferences“> “Add a language” and then add “your language“.
- Once language is added, select it and click “Move Up” to make it the first language. After that, close the Language window.
- In the “Region” window, click on”Additional Settings” and check if the values are same.
- Click “Location” tab and change the Home Location to “your country” and then click OK.
If nothing works for you then there is an option to download the windows 10 ISO and do a build to build upgrade and fix all update errors at once. This option might be time taking for you as you need to download the windows 10 iso file if your don’t have for this fix. You can perform a repair upgrade to fix the OS problems. You install windows 10 over the existing installation of Windows 10 using a DVD or ISO file of windows. It will repair all broken system files and will resolve all problems and you will not even loose any data as it will preserve all of your personal settings, files and installed applications. If you need any help then you can read and follow this tutorial to get help in downloading and building upgrade.
How To Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80072ee2 ?
Make sure you have a working internet connection. You can open your internet explorer for example or any other browser you have installed on your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and try to access any website to check whether the internet is working fine. There are cases when internet connection is too slow that windows is not able to update itself from its servers.
If the internet connection is not the problem then you will have to turn off your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 firewall just for the duration of this trial and see if this is the reason that caused the error 0x80072EE2 to appear.
- Open Control Panel.
- Search for Firewall in the search box located on the top right of the control panel.
- Left click on the firewall icon.
- Now click on “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
- Go and do a left click on the option “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)”.
- Left click in the “Private network settings” topic on the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)”.
- Now go back to the windows update option and try updating the windows again and test whether it is still giving error 0x80072EE2. If it didn’t work for you then try reading the below methods.
- You can try adding the windows update server address in your trusted websites in Windows system, to verify if this is the issue that is causing update errors.
If none of the methods worked for you and you are still seeing windows update error message then you can try adding the windows update server address to your trusted websites in Windows to check if this was the root cause of the issue.
- Open your Microsoft Edge (in Windows 10) or Internet explorer (in Windows 8/8.1).
- Click on the Tools tab located in the upper side of microsoft’s default browser.
- Now click on the Tools menu in the Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab in the upper side of the Internet options window.
- Now click on Trusted Sites option you have in the Security window.
- Click on Sites.
- Select the check box to clear the “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” feature.
- You will see an option there that says “Add this website to the zone”. There you will need to type in the following addresses:
- Click on the “Add” button after adding the windows update servers.
- Click on the Ok button to save your settings.